Posts Tagged ‘kitchen hardware’

First, I apologize for originally saying the title was a reference to TLC. I’m embarrassed. Second, we went to Lowe’s to purchase this hardware this past weekend but The Mister was not feeling it. The “pointy” knobs bothered him.

Therefore, we took another look at a Kraft Maid knob and pull set and ended up ordering them. They are $7 something for a knob and $8 something for a pull.

Do you like my phone cover? It’s from J. Crew.

I agree with The Mister that the flat face knob does not have the potential to inquire like the one above. However, I can’t say I’m jazzed about them. Of course, that could be attributed to the fact that I just want a kitchen to put the hardware in at this point. What hardware does get me jazzed? 

This hardware is fantastical!

It’s major.

I asked Jessica about the brass and glass pull and the faceted brass knob because they make my heart leap. They are not in production for another month or so and she hopes to get pricing to me within the next few days. All I know thus far is that she’s considering a change from glass to acrylic/lucite and the pull’s hole to hole dimensions is 4.25.” I’m a mixture of excited, nervous and anxious to get her pricing. Also, saying “hole to hole” makes me feel weird.


Read Full Post »

Though I could not find it, I’m pretty sure today’s title is not my first Salt-n-Pepa reference.

We decided to use knobs on the kitchen doors and pulls on the drawer faces. The pulls are going on the middle of drawer faces. As you may know, I’m on the road a lot right now. It’s been hard to make decisions and feel confident in them without being home. Since I cannot be home to show The Mister what I’m trying to convey, I’ve resulted to computer drawings. They’re not great, but they get the point across. Of course, I’d prefer to draw them on graph paper. Here are the drawings for “where to tell the installer to put the hardware.”

What hardware? This hardware:

Next week, is when big things start to happen and the pretty starts.

Read Full Post »

We’ve been busy choosing things for the kitchen like countertops, flooring, etc. that we put hardware on the back burner. We received our sample door last week and have been on the search for pulls and knobs. Our new kitchen cabinet doors and faces are paneled – somewhat Shaker styled. Many say that your cabinet hardware is the jewelry for your kitchen. We’ve considered that but did not consider the placement of such jewelry. Do the pulls go in the middle of the drawer or at the top? This seems to have mixed opinions, especially if you have flat paneled doors. 

Below are some examples of hardware in the middle of the drawer face/within the flat panel. If you click on the photo, you can find out where the photo is credited.

Read Full Post »