I’m an awful person and haven’t given you a WW update in weeks, months. I finally found a meeting time that I like, but I don’t get there early enough to people watch or draft my posts like I was. I don’t get there early enough as I go to my work out class from 8:30 – 9:30 and my meeting starts at 10:00 a.m. I say that like I’ve being doing that consistently for a long time. I cannot tell a lie. I’ve done it for maybe 6 weeks. However, I’m pushing it to get to my meeting on time. So, I don’t have any stories. People are still wearing as little clothes as possible. I’m concerned for the summer months.
I haven’t done as well with Weight Watchers as I expected. I set high expectations for myself, which is something I do. I need to cut back on it as they’re not always reasonable and then I’m disappointed. So, I haven’t lost weight as fast as I had thought/planned/hoped. However, I’m down 15.6 pounds and I’m over my 5% goal. According to WW, I’m in Week 13 and with 15.6 pounds that’s 1.2 pounds a week which is what is suggested as a healthy weight loss speed.
Here is my recap: (You’ll notice there are only 12 weeks listed though I just said I’m in Week 13. That’s because Week One is when you weigh in at Weight Watchers.)
Week 1: -3.8
Week 2: -2.6
Week 3: +.6
Week 4: +1.6
Week 5: -5.8
Week 6: +2.4
Week 7: -2.4
Week 8: +2.2
Week 9: -1.8
Week 10: -1.6
Week 11: +2.4
Week 12: -7.0
That’s right last week I lost 7 pounds. Of course, this means this week I’m likely to gain. As you can tell I seem to lose and gain the same few pounds over and over. It’s maddening, but I’m working on it. I’m focusing on the victories and learning from them.
Here is what I’ have learned so far:
- Tracking food is an important key for me
- I need to be more vigilant about tracking points and carbs
- I do better when I watch carbs. For example, if two items are both worth 10 points each one may be 20 carbs while the other is 30. When choosing the item with less carbs, I tend to have a better weight loss week.
- If I’m home I have to do a work out class. I suck at doing DVDs at home. I think this is because I feel like I don’t have a space to do them. Additionally, when I’m home I feel like I need to use that time wisely. So, I’m going to think on that.
- Eating at home is the best thing to do, so without our kitchen I’ve struggled. However, we recently moved the oven back in as we were tired of being without.
- I have an awful, terrible, no good habit of getting second helpings. Last week, I was vigilant about filling my second helping with a salad instead of entrée or whatever else we had.
I cannot go to my Saturday class this week, so I’m weighing in tomorrow during my lunch. I’ll let you know how it goes. Promise.